Last Updated on 30/07/2021 by Steve Wanjie
How do I market my real estate listings?
12 How to market your real estate listings tips:
- Optimize your online listings to enhance visibility
- Start a blog to find, and meet, and engage current and potential customers.
- To boost organic and paid search engine results, work on your local SEO strategy.
- Mobile App for your real estate business is required to improve user interaction. Therefore, develop and launch an app.
- Create and run contests to keep current and prospective users interested and engaged.
- Engage and collaborate with local influencers to improve your social reach and visibility locally.
- Create, fund, and host a local social event to benefit the community
- Join and actively participate in your local chamber of commerce chapter activities
- Build an email list made of your real estate business customer and its fan base.
- Start a rewards program for loyal and repeat customers.
- Make your customer service a 24 hours affair by going digital
- Creatively design discounts to increase sales
12 How Do I Market My Real Estate Listings Tips Explained
- Optimize your online listings to enhance visibility
You need to list your real estate products or services with local online directories that have categories relevant to your line of business.
First, create a free online listing on the number one business directory on the planet – Google My Business. It is available locally worldwide.
Second, list your business with free local directories that offer real estate categories because listing relevance is a critical issue.
Make use of SEO:
Your listing must be search engine optimized to help search engines find, understand, and deliver your listing to searchers.
You are competing with other similar businesses.
Who comes at the top of search engines results? SEO smart listings do come tops.
Your real estate directory listing must be relevant to what people are searching for, while its contents must be of high quality.
So they may click through to your real estate blog for more details.
2. Start a blog to find, and meet, and engage current and potential customers.
You may have a business website, or you may not. Regardless, you require a blog to market and promote your real estate operations online.
A blog is a superb digital marketing tool. It will help you find, meet, and engage both old, new and prospective clients online easily and fast.
A blog helps you create an email list, generate sales leads, and make sales lead follow-ups.
My recommended blogging platform – WordPress
My recommended domain registrar – NameCheap
My recommended blog host – Dreamhost
My recommended blog theme – Neve
You have to develop high-quality, original, and relevant content to inform, entertain, and help solve real estate problems your users may be encountering.
If you can’t write blog posts, you are at liberty to hire experienced freelancers from freelance sites such as Freelancer and Fiverr.
Your blog needs to be updated with new high-quality niche-relevant content at least once per week.
3. To boost organic and paid search engine results, work on your local SEO strategy.
Local SEO tactics help win the local-level competition for clients. Potential clients must find you first before they can reach your competitors.
What is local SEO?
According to MailChimp;
“Local SEO is a search engine optimization strategy (SEO) that helps your business be more visible in local search results on Google.”MailChimp
If your business has a physical location that serves a particular geographical area, your sales can increase tenfold from local SEO tactics.
To master local SEO, you need to learn how Google works.
Marketing SEO Tools to help with location SEO strategy:
Digital marketing is effective when SEO tools are in use. Here are the top 6 SEO tools you may use for your real estate marketing strategy.
a) SemRush Marketing SEO Tool
b) Ahrefs Keyword Tool
c) Google Search Console
d) KWFinder Keyword Tool
e) Moz Pro Seo Software
f) Ubersuggest Keyword Tracking Tool
More information on marketing SEO tools.
SemRush is my recommended local SEO tool:
SemRush is my favorite SEO marketing because it comes at an affordable price. It is easy to use and has all the features you will ever need to grow your business and its customer base locally.
SemRush helps you increase your product or services sales by beating local competition hands down.
Increase your sales as you multiply your profits using SEO strategies aided by a fantastic, well-respected SEO marketing tool – SemRush.
What do you get from SemRush to grow your real estate business:
- discover thousands of local keywords to beat your competition and increase your market share
- Analyze backlinks including, those pointing to the websites of your competition
- Run technical SEO audits that help improve your SEO strategy and enhance local and national visibility
- Track your SERP position daily
- Competitor research made easy
- Social media marketing is a breeze
- Get your PPC right
Would you like to try SemRush for 14 days free?
Mobile Technology in Real Estate Marketing
4. Mobile App for your real estate business is required to improve user interaction.
Why develop and launch a business app?
The world is crazy about mobile technology.
The world is on the mobile phone, that is the main reason to develop and launch a mobile app for your business.
A mobile app makes it possible to have a single platform to manage marketing, advertising, and customer service 24 hours a day.
Having a mobile app means you are on a higher level of customer engagement and interaction with your products or services.
What are the benefits of launching a mobile app for business?
- Brand awareness increases in the marketplace
- Business engagement with current and prospective clients increases
- Sales and revenues increase rapidly
- helps track and analyze client behavior
- You can provide real value to your clients in an efficient manner
- Offers direct communication options between your customers and your business
- Enables mobile money transactions between your business and its clients
- 21st-century customers expect your business to run a mobile app
Want to develop and launch a mobile app? Platforms for building mobile apps are here.
5. Create and run contests to keep current and prospective users interested and engaged.
Creating and running contests allows you to collect three crucial pieces of data from current, new, and prospective clients;
- Their name
- Their email address
- Their mobile phone number
This data enables you to create a database made up of your customers.
You can use the database to send emails promoting your products, coupons, and prospective clients follow-ups.
Contests keep your customer base engaged and interested in your products or services.
Contest ideas for real estate.
6. Engage and collaborate with local influencers to improve your social reach and visibility locally.
What is local influencer real estate marketing?
According to Digital Marketing Institute’
“Influencer marketing is the exercise of profiling and marketing towards specific individuals, rather than large, volume-based demographics.”Digital Marketing Institute
The best fit for a local real estate marketing strategy is a local influencer marketer. Read more about local influencer marketing here.
7. Create, fund, and host a local social event to benefit the community
This one is easy to organize.
You could choose to support a sporting event such as a soccer tournament or organize an annual health camp for eye checkups to benefit the local community.
Do something that makes the local community appreciate and identify your business.
8. Join and actively participate in your local chamber of commerce chapter activities
What is a chamber of commerce?
A chamber of commerce is a well-organized and structured business network (made up of local business owners and entrepreneurs) with local, regional, national, and international chapters.
It is a good business idea to register and participate in your local chamber of commerce chapter activities.
Apart from the networking opportunities that come with membership, customers trust businesses that are members of the chamber more.
What benefits do you get from a chamber of commerce membership?
- Business networking opportunities
- Streamlined marketing
- Resources for business
- Services for business
- Education and training
More on the value of the chamber of commerce for businesses here.
9. Build an email list made of your real estate business customer and its fan base.
What is an email list?
An email list is a database containing email addresses collected through a website using a subscriber form.
What is the use of an email list?
You use an email list (or subscriber’s list) to send marketing materials to multiple recipients.
Is email marketing possible without an email list?
No, it is not possible.
What is the importance of email marketing?
Email marketing has a higher return on investment than any other marketing method.
See email marketing statistics here.
10. Start a rewards program for loyal and repeat customers.
Many businesses have reward programs for their loyal customers.
Litsen to Rocket Marketing Group;
“Customer loyalty increases profits, improves sales success and allows for sustainable growth.
A well-designed and executed loyalty program can help you retain existing customers, attract new customers, reduce turnover and drive profits.”
11. Make your customer service a 24 hours affair by going digital
Taking your real estate business online allows you to automate some operations.
Customer service is a very important function in any business that wants to compete for customers and win.
Going digital lets your business use digital marketing tools such as live chat, email automation, mobile apps, social media, instant messaging, shared team box, SaaS call center, etc.
It allows your business to run even when you are asleep. You are in touch with your customers 24 hours a day.
12. Creatively design discounts to increase sales
Discounts offering is as old as business.
Business people have always offered discounts to their loyal customers to increase sales and retain patrons.
How do I market my real estate listings?
You make use of the tips discussed above. Make doing business with you easy, fun, and efficient. Make use of available digital marketing tools as is expected of you by the 21st-century generation.
List your real estate products and services and market the listings using local SEO, and digital marketing tools such as SemRush, mobile app, and Mailerlite.
How do I market my real estate listings? That is the best answer I could give for this question.
Your presence here is highly appreciated.
Steve Wanjie is a digital marketing specialist, SEO Expert, expert article writer, blogger, sex educationist, and businessman. He is the founder of Dijito Marketing and Laikipo.com. He works and lives in Nairobi Kenya.